How to reset Desktop password
QuickBooks is online accounting software that can be accessed from any part of the world. You can do real-time conferencing with your employees and partners. There is also a cloud storage facility that allows you to store your data and records on your cloud. The QuickBooks enterprise hosting is a feature that will allow you to manage your accounts safely with your employees. You can also create GST invoices, manage bank accounts, make paystubs, create budgets, payrolls, and a huge variety of other jobs. QuickBooks is especially decided for small business owners, accounting specialists, etc.
You can manage your schedule easily with QuickBooks as it makes sure that all your business accounts and jobs are managed efficiently. It also provides the users with add-ons depending upon your business such as ERP, CRM, MS Office Suite, E-mails, and so on. These add-ons make the business run more smoothly. QuickBooks cares about the security of their user and their data, for this purpose they provide password protection, firewalls, device location, and various other facilities to make sure the accounts are completely secure. QuickBooks Services is there to help you in case you lose your account password or forget it. This feature helps to reset your desktop password, the points given below will be helpful to ensure that your documents are protected:
- Firstly, you need to know the type of desktop password that you wish to reset. To do this you have to rest your Admin or user password.
- If you did not enter a username and while logging in you only entered your password then you need to reset your admin password. Or if you have “Admin” as the username then or more than one username. (e.g., If “Admin” exists as the username for more than one account). Follow the steps given below to reset your Admin password:
- For QuickBooks 2020 version:
- You will see the option “I forgot my password” on your Company’s login window.
- Now you need to select an email from a dropdown box shown on your screen. Then click on Next.
- QuickBooks will send an email with the token that will help you with resetting the password.
- In case you are not able to see your email in the list then select the option “Don’t see your email in the list above?”. On the page, you will see the steps to follow to rectify the above issue.
- Lastly, enter the token that you received in your email in the appropriate box that you see on the screen.
- Also, don’t forget to check for the email from QuickBooks in your spam in case you don’t see it in the primary section.
- For QuickBooks 2019 and earlier versions:
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop.
- On the window, you will see the option “I forgot my password”. Click on it.
- You will be redirected to a form. In the form, you need to fill in the License number of your QuickBooks version. Press and hold the F2 key to see the license number.
- You also need to enter your name, email id, mobile number, and zip code.
- You can find all this information on your Customer Account Management Portal (CAMPS).
- Now hit OK.
- If the data that you entered is valid then you will receive an email from CAMPS. Again, check your spam folder in case QuickBooks sent it in the spam or junk.
- At last, QuickBooks will give you the info to create your new Admin password.
For instance, you still are unable to reset your password then:
- Check the information that you entered for any spelling mistakes or typos. Also, make sure that the entered data matches the data that you have on CAMPS.
- If you are still facing the issue then try the QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool.
- You can contact the helpline by typing your password in the “Search for something else” section.
Suppose you are not an Admin user then you can ask your QuickBooks Admin to reset your password. They can follow the steps below to reset your Desktop password for QuickBooks:
- You have to log in as the Admin user into the QuickBooks Desktop.
- When you open the Company section then you will find the Setup Users and Passwords option. Select this.
- Now click on Setup Users.
- If the application prompts you to enter the password, then enter the Admin password.
- Next, you will see the User list this will show all the users under the admin. Click on the user whose password is to be reset.
- No click on Edit user.
- Enter the user’s new password.
- Click on Next twice.
- Lastly, hit Finish to successfully update their password.
After following this procedure, you will have to reset the password of your QuickBooks Desktop. This will make sure that all your records, accounts, and other necessities are safe from any harm.