Delete a Deposit in QuickBooks Online
Payment categories in QuickBooks are vast, they are split up into two divisions, Deposited payments, and undeposited payments. When talking about deposited ones, they hold an individual payment and are directly deposited in the bank. While talking about undeposited ones, these hold small payments that can be received on the same day itself. One can remove the deposits from QuickBooks by making use of the ‘Make Deposit’ window.
It removes the payment for both the division discussed above and one can also recreate the original payment. To ensure your accounts are up to date, you need to correct some customer’s payments. QB can help you with your accounting, bookkeeping, and other tasks. SO here is everything you should know about Deleting a Deposit in QuickBooks Online.
The Reality of QuickBooks
Small business owners have finally understood the great importance of using accounting software for their business. According to a survey by Statista, about 64% of small businesses have adopted online software than manual accounting processes.
There are about 56 Million prospects that visit the QuickBooks site to grasp information on the credibility of the software. And therefore, we can witness Intuit strongly working on giving the first user experience top class.
QuickBooks took 15 years to be built and become one of the finest accounting platforms, serving over .5 million users globally.
DELETE A DEPOSIT IN QUICKBOOKS
These steps will take you to the process of correctly deleting deposits from QuickBooks. If you are wondering how, to begin with, the same, here are the steps to follow.
- Firstly, navigate to the lists and then look for a chart of accounts icon
- Furthermore, you are required to double-click on the account and also double-click on the deposits.
- If you wish to delete any specific payments, you need to select them from your items mentioned on the screen.
- Now, you can choose the edit tab and then click on the delete line
- Finally, you are almost on the verge of deleting a deposit in Quickbooks. Only select the delete deposit option, if in case you want to delete complete deposits.
HOW TO UNDO BANK DEPOSITS IN QUICKBOOKS (Deposited)
- If you wish to remove payments from the deposits, you have to use again the ‘make deposits window tool’ in your QuickBooks.
- Choose the ‘Record Deposits’ icon in your QuickBooks home and then from there you can select the ‘Banking’ menu further choosing the ‘Make deposits’ option from it.
- After that, choose the ‘Cancel’ option if your payments to deposit window open up
- Now, you can select the ‘Previous’ option to move through your transaction, and find the deposit or payment details that you want to remove.
- Further, selecting the Edit menu, you can choose the ‘Delete Deposit’ to remove the deposit/payment from your Deposits.
HOW TO UNDO BANK DEPOSITS IN QUICKBOOKS (Undeposited)
On the homepage of your QuickBooks online, you will see the option Lists, click on it, and then in that select ‘Charts of Accounts’
- You can also do so by using the Keyboard shortcuts, which is ‘CTRL+ A’
- Now, move on by double-clicking the ‘Undeposited Funds; and it will display on the screen all the registers for this specific fund type.
- After you will be required to select a particular payment that you wish to delete
- If you can’t see the option, you can review it in the list of transactions again
- This can be done by clicking the scroll button, move it up and down.
- Now, moving further, you can go to the Edit menu and then select the ‘Delete Payment’ option
- Further, you can click on the ‘OK’ button and delete the entry, a warning box will appear then.
How to Delete a Payment from Deposited Funds in QuickBooks Online
- Go to your QuickBooks homepage, further click on the record icon and then open the ‘Make deposit’ on your screen.
- If on your screen, the payment to deposit option appears, simply click on cancel, close further proceed.
- Now, you can choose the ‘previous’ option icon to further scrolling and looking for the right amount of deposit that you want to remove.
- This has to be the exact payment that you want to erase from your deposit in QuickBooks.
- Now, you can choose the payment you want to remove and then click on the ‘Edit’ option.
- Then, click on ‘Delete line’ you will find the same in the edit menu to deleting the payments.
- You can further select OK to confirm and remove your payments.
- Click further on save and close.
How to Delete Duplicate Payments in QuickBooks Online?
Duplicate payment arises when you enter the payment by mistakenly twice. This can be because of various reasons like forgetting about the earlier mentioned payment, an error that replicated the payment details, etc.
It can also be removed from your QuickBooks software if you follow the steps mentioned.
- Navigate to QuickBooks, further click on the company file and then select the option ‘Open’
- Once it is opened, you can click on the ‘Banking’ menu, further choosing the ‘Make a deposit’ option from the screen.
- Now, click on the line that contains duplicate payment details and then click edit.
- When you choose the edit option, move ahead by choosing the ‘Delete line’ that will showcase from the drop-down list option.
- Now, you can save to apply for the changes you made
- Move to the list menu on the screen and then select ‘Charts of Account’
- Now, you have to open your bank account register, you can double click on the Undeposited funds and then choose the duplicate payments that you wish to delete further.
- Now, moving on, click on the edit button and then select Delete duplicate payments.
Using the given steps mentioned above will help you have quality time with QuickBooks software. Also, ensure you don’t miss a single step as it will ruin you from deleting the deposits from QuickBooks.